- The Negro In California History Murals
- Charles Alston;Hale Woodruff
- These reproductions were presented on May 8, 1975 to Cal Poly by the Black Student Union and donated by the Golden State Mutual Life Insurance Company, Los Angeles.
Reproductions of two murals originally located in the Los Angeles, California, Golden State Mutual building. “The Negro in California History - Exploration and Colonization” by artist Charles Alston and “The Negro in California History -Settlement and Development” by artist Hale Woodruff. The murals and the building are designated as the City of Los Angeles Historic Cultural Monument No. 1000 in 2010.
- Mural Reproduction
- Robert E. Kennedy Library
- Credit line:
- California Polytechnic University. The images associated with the objects on this website are protected under United States copyright laws. We are pleased to share these materials as an educational resource for the public for non-commercial, educational and personal use only, or for fair use as defined by law.
- Object Identifier (Accession #):
- No Subject Heading