- Vanessa Redgrave, Tariq Ali and Stephen Hawking
- Vanessa Redgrave, Tariq Ali and Stephen Hawking, photographic print by Lewis Morley. Depicts Vanessa Redgrave, Tariq Ali, and Stephen Hawking at the Battle of Grosvenor Square in 1968. Redgrave (b. 1937) is an English actress of stage, screen and television, as well as a political activist. Ali (b. 1943) is a British Pakistani writer, journalist, and filmmaker. He was involved with The Black Dwarf newspaper and joined the International Marxist Group (IMG) in 1968. Hawking (b. 1942) is an English theoretical physicist, cosmologist, author and Director of Research at the Centre for Theoretical Cosmology within the University of Cambridge. The Battle of Grosvenor Square was an anti-war (specifically the Vietnam War) demonstration in Grosvenor Square, London, that occurred on March 17th, 1968 and ended with 86 people injured and 200 demonstrators arrested.
- Photographic print
- Lewis Morley Collection;College of Liberal Arts
- Credit line:
- © Lewis Morley. The images associated with the objects on this website are protected under United States copyright laws. We are pleased to share these materials as an educational resource for the public for non-commercial, educational and personal use only, or for fair use as defined by law.
- Object Identifier (Accession #):
- Morley, Lewis [info:lc/authorities/names/n80011274], Documentary photography [info:lc/authorities/subjects/sh85101277], and Hawking, Stephen, 1942- [info:lc/authorities/names/n81020731]